This section contains information and resources for small business owners who are interested in forming a corporation. Here you will find tips on legal and tax issues related to corporation -- including creation of articles of incorporation and corporate bylaws -- and tools that walk you through each phase of the incorporation process.
- Conducting Business as a Corporation or an LLC Out of State.
What you need to consider when doing business in other states
- Do You Need an EIN?.
Worksheet to help determine whether you need an EIN
- Checklist: Starting a Corporation
- Corporate Structure: Directors to Shareholders
- Forming a Corporation: Where to Incorporate
- How to Incorporate a Business
- Incorporating in Delaware - Is It worth It for My Small Business?
- Professional Corporations
- Pros and Cons: Why Form a Corporation?
- Shareholder Buyout Agreements
- Shareholders, Dividends, and Taxes
- Small Business Corporation FAQ
- Tax Differences Between C and S Corporations
- The Basics of Small Business Incorporation
- What Does it Mean that Corporations Have "Perpetual Existence"?
- What Types of Legal Procedures Should Corporations Maintain?
- Why Directors Must Dissent from Objectionable Board Decisions
- Writing and Filing the Articles of Incorporation
- Writing Corporate Bylaws