Small Business Forms & Contracts
Starting and running a small business often involves a staggering number of legal contracts and processes, whether it's a simple invoice for an order (which technically is a contract) or an employment compensation agreement. It's important to get acquainted with the various types of contracts and forms your business may encounter, particularly for those you decide to draft yourself. But remember, contracts are legally enforceable and often benefit from the skilled eye of a trained legal professional.
This section provides forms and contracts to help small business owners with many aspects of business operation -- including business start-up, employing workers, and managing strategic transactions. Here you will find real-life examples of business contracts and agreements, and templates for your business to follow.
- Business Contracts and Forms - General information about contract law, how to draft contracts, and samples of commonly used forms and contracts.
- Forms & Contracts: A to Z - Comprehensive list of FindLaw's various sample business forms and contracts.
- Business Formation Forms: State Guide - A state-by-state directory of links to help you form your business.
- Startup Loan Intake Form - List of the various information you will need to provide in order to apply for a startup business loan.
- Employment Contracts and Compensation Agreements - Explanation of the legal underpinnings and terminology of common employment contracts.
- Consulting Agreements: Real-Life Examples - Sample consulting agreements from several well-known companies.
- Non-competition Agreements: Real-Life Examples - Non-competition agreements used by several well-known companies.
- Sample Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Policies - Examples of language and items that may be included in a written workplace anti-discrimination policy.
- Sample Employment Termination Contract - Sample form to give a departing employee.
- Accounting Forms and Contracts - Links to various accounting forms, such as debt collection and securities.
- Finance & Banking: Forms and Contracts - Links to various finance and banking forms for small businesses.
- Credit & Debt Collection: Forms and Contracts - Links to consumer credit laws and sample debt collection forms.
- Mergers & Strategic Transactions: Forms and Contracts - Extensive list of links for various business transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Taxes: Forms and Contracts - Links to state and federal tax forms for your business.
- Sample Sales Contract - Template for a general-purpose business sales contract.
- Federal Government Business Forms - Links to forms from the SBA.
- Bankruptcy: Forms and Contracts - Federal forms pertaining to a business bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy & Debt Forms - Includes forms pertaining to debt restructuring and related matters.
- Workers' Compensation (for Employers) Forms: State Guide - State-by-state guide with links to workers' comp forms used by employers.
- Closing a Business: Forms and Contracts - Collection of sample forms pertaining to the winding-down of a business.
Get Professional Legal Help with Your Business Today
Entrepreneurs encounter numerous legal forms and contracts in the course of any business venture, including employment contracts, tax returns, and agreements with business partners. While you should be familiar with many of these, certain legal processes may benefit greatly from legal counsel. Find a qualified business and commercial law attorney near you if you need professional help.
See FindLaw's Business Lawyers and Resources section to learn more.