Business Operations: Forms and Contracts
Below you will find forms and other sample documents for use in the day-to-day running of a business:
- Sample Profit and Loss Statement
Contains information generally tracked in a profit and loss statement.
- How to Read a Balance Sheet
Provides a sample balance sheet with definitions and descriptions of key elements.
- Sample Business Balance Sheet
Lists information generally included in a business balance sheet.
- Sample Operating Budget
Tracks common expenses and overhead costs associated with operating a business.
- Sample Basic Sales Contract
- Checklist - Contract Terms
Lists basic provisions that may be important to include or consider in business contracts.
- Sample Billing Dispute Letter
In the event you discover a billing error, you should provide the creditor with written notice of the error.
Equipment and Services
Sales and Marketing
- Sales and Marketing Agreements: Real-Life Examples
- Questionnaire - Marketing Strategy
Lists items to consider when developing a marketing strategy or plan.
- Checklist - Choosing a Domain Name
Offers guidelines to choose a business name with an Internet presence in mind.
- Checklist - Disclosure and the Internet
Lists steps that companies can take to reduce legal risks when disseminating company news online.
- Checklist - For Establishing a Web Site
Lists basic procedural information for establishing a web site for your business.
Day-to-Day Business Operations Checklists
- Checklist - Things You Can Do to Minimize Business Risks and Losses
Lists items to consider for an effective risk management and loss prevention program.
- Checklist - Making an Insurance Claim
Lists information that will help organize and justify an insurance claim.
- Checklist - Choosing a Business Location
Lists questions you should answer when deciding where to open your business.
- Checklist - Choosing a Facility
Lists questions that will help you determine if a building is a good fit for your business.